GRAB EVERYTHING BUT THE KITCHEN SINK AND THROW IT IN A BAG.
SIKE. That's what I did and didn't use half of it. So today I am going share everything I brought and what I actually needed :)
I am a woman of LISTS so below are my three lists that I made, for baby, for mom, and for dad.
- Diaper Bag
- Car Seat
- Going home outfit
- MITTENS (I forgot these and he came out with nails longer than mine.)
- Hat (It was december and it was COLD when we went home.)
- PACI'S - The hospitals are not huge advocates but if you think you might use one BRING IT.
- (3) sets of onsies ( I prefer zip ups others prefer snaps.) New born size / Maybe 1-2 zero-three months just in case your babe comes out bigger than expected.
- Boppy - Everyone will be holding your new babe this is the easiest way to make sure they do it safely :)
- Burp Clothes
- Drivers License
- Insurance Card
- PJS - Easy breastfeed accessible. (2 sets)
- Robe - I purchases a cute robe because ALL the pictures will be taken in it.
- underwear- NOT SEXY. take your hubby to your local Walmart or target and find the biggest ones you can find ;)
- Makeup - If my face is done I feel better, so just for good spirits
- Going home clothes. Easy to put on and comfortable. You have no one to impress you just birthed a baby be practical.
- (3) Nursing Bras. My favorite are the target sports/nursing bras.
- Lip Balm - after heavy breathing for a while your lips will thank me.
- Water bottle
- Hair dryer ( YOU WILL NOT NEED THIS)
- Straightener (ALSO NOT A NECESSITY)
- Hair Tie
- Nipple Cream
- Shampoo/Conditioner (I felt like a new woman after I showered the next day)
- Change of clothes
- PJS - something comfy
- Snacks. (I wish we would have brought snacks for late nights / you are starving after breastfeeding.)
- Phone / Charger
- Camera - Take all the pictures! Even if you think you took enough take one more.
- Diffuser. (For all my oil moms out there, I didn't have time to use this and I wish I would of!)
THINGS I DID NOT NEED:
The hospital really has everything you need as a new mom. But there are a few things that you'll be happy you brought from your own home.
- My Pillow. We brought one for Kev but didn't bring mine, because I thought the hospital pillows would be enough. (WRONG)
- The cute outfit to go home in. Be comfy. You just birthed a human.
- That cute hospital gown you bought. Yeah I did. I bought one and literally laughed at myself at the thought of putting it on while in labor.
THE THINGS I WISH I WOULD HAVE KNOWN:
Honestly there wasn't anything I absolutely had to have that I didn't bring. I prepared about a week before our due date, however that stressed many people out. Kevin (My Husband) told me over and over I do not want to be packing a bag when you're in labor. HE WAS RIGHT. If I would of known what I know now, one week was probably pushing it. The LAST thing that would of been on my mind mid contraction was " Hey, don't forget the toothbrush." Because hygiene is the LAST thing on the brain. So do me a favor, pack the bag, be prepared and you'll thank me later.
Happy packing ladies!